The era when procurement was considered as a tactical requirement is over. In today’s times of globalization and competitive landscape, procurement has evolved to be a long –term continuous process and is increasingly finding its place in board room discussion, as organizations realize the importance of optimizing the supply chain, and its direct impact on the company’s bottom line. The MSME sector in India needs a robust procurement process that is in line with the customer requirements, and contributes to customer’s bottom line savings as well as reduces risk. There is a need for a strategic sourcing model that focuses on the total cost of purchasing a product and allows risk assessment and mitigation at an early stage.
MSMEs should work on a partner based model, rather than a vendor relationship model with their suppliers for this to work. At the best-in-class companies, managers believe that “technology" can act as an enabler for efficient supply chain systems. They have adopted strategies and mechanisms to get the greatest benefits from technology.
FICCI-CMSME allows their members to take advantage of technology that re-defines procurement for small and medium enterprises in India. We will enable our members to buy raw materials at competitive price points and also give them the option to choose from a list of quality suppliers, through an online technology. We will give access to an online portal that will allows them to track all their purchases as well as undertake transactional activity such as placing new RFQ, checking price quotes, creating/uploading purchase orders, checking status of delivery and account statements. In the near future, we will enable reverse auctions where suppliers will be bidding to compete for the aggregated orders that we are placing on behalf of our SME customers.
Initially we will focus on the following product categories
- Commodity Polymers ( that comprises the following types)
- PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride)
- LDPE (Low Density Poly Ethylene)
- LLDPE (Linear Low Density Poly Ethylene)
- HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene)
- PP (Poly Propylene)
- Steel products (that comprises the following types)
- Cold Rolled Coils, Plates & Sheets (Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel)
- Hot Rolled Coils, Plates & Sheets (Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel)
- Galvanized Steel Coils, Plates & Sheets
- Structural Angle, Beam, Channel, Hex and Rounds (Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel)
- Wire Rods (Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel)
- Tubes (Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel)
- TMT Bars (Saria)
- Chemical Additives (that comprises the following types)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Chlorinated Paraffin Wax (CPW)
- Epoxidised Soya Bean Oil (ESBO)
- Poly Ethylene Wax (PE WAX)
- Titanium DiOxide
For any information required / query you may contact FICCI- CMSME secretariat.